Prefectural Advisors (PAs) are Japanese prefectural government staff and JET Programme participants who provide support to JETs and Contracting Organisations (COs). There are two Japanese PAs and four JET PAs in Kagoshima Prefecture.
PAs are also responsible for:
- Organising orientation activities for incoming JETs
- Responding to JET-involved crisis situations and promoting self-help networks
- Disseminating pertinent information to JETs and COs
- Coordinating the annual Skills Development Conference for Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) and Japanese Teachers of English (JTEs)
- Providing targeted outreach to JETs
PAs are also available to answer any questions or concerns about work-related and general life matters in Japan.
The PA Team
Japanese PAs are the PA team leaders. They liaise directly with schools, BOEs, and supervisors.
Yoko Ōta (Ms.)
Teacher’s Consultant/Japanese PA
Upper Secondary School Education Division
Contact Number: 099-286-5291
Yoshizaki Yūsuke (Mr.)
Assistant Manager/Japanese PA
International Affairs Division
Contact Number: 099-286-2303
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) PAs
ALT PAs have extensive classroom experience and handle work and general life-related concerns and counseling.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 4:15pm
Toni-Ann is a 6th-year JET from Jamaica.
Contact Number: 080-3971-8633
Maximiliano is a 5th-year JET from the United States.
Contact Number: 080-8398-3372
Coordinator of International Relations (CIR) PAs
CIR PAs manage language-barrier related issues and general work and life concerns. CIR PAs are fluent in both Japanese and English.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri, 9:00am – 5:00pm